Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Left and Leaving

I'm back in Sydney.
The weather is nice if humid and the Aussie teenagers are all back in school.
Thus the general atmosphere is better than it's been.
I'm planning to be here for like...a week or 2?
Then, New Zealand.
(Flights and rooms still unbooked)

What else? They show the Jetsons and the Flinstones here.

Also? I roadtripped with 3 Swedes back to Sydney, by which I mean, I drove a Mercedes campervan from Melbourne to Sydney.
Essentially all by myself.
On the left side of the road.
It was SO MUCH FUN (I had to capitalize it because exclamation points are contrite)

So much has happened in these past 2 months, it almost seems fake.
But I have pictures to prove it!
So it's not fake.

I read "The Hotel New Hampshire" and it was a great idea.
I saw "The Castle" which is an Australian movie, and it was also a great idea. Watch it.

And...

BAM and I may actually be meeting up somewhere in the world at some point.

Observe:

Bridey: let's look into a weekend on an island
a weekend to 5 days
somewhere in the mediterranean
me: yeah, good
Bridey: Yeah
so let's both research cheap greek/turkish islands
me: yeah!
Bridey: and let's aim for early July/late June
me: great
Bridey: I say 5 days
me: i say 3
Bridey: let's say 3-five
me: let's! let's say it!!!
yeah
ok so 4ish
Bridey: good compromise
me: good
Bridey: compromise
me: HUZZA

We make such a good team.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have you know that my initials are also BAM, and now that you've posted this I fully well expect that we shall meet up somewhere in the world. In fact, if we don't, I will cry.

    ReplyDelete