Monday, November 23, 2009

I Went to Hawaii and Forgot to Take Pictures of People

I just uploaded all my pictures from Hawaii, of which there are 35.

There are no pictures of anyone besides my pale, pale legs and a shot of me from far away.

I can't believe it either.

Also for those wondering, Men at Work does indeed sound great when you're in the land down under.
I know because that's all I've listened to for 3 days.
That and the Chili Peppers for good measure.
And also in case any Australians peep my iPod.
Gotta keep that street cred high.

Today I wandered around the city and got lost about 6 times.
You know how I do.

I wandered in and out of the financial district a lot; not much to report.
I also went to Hay Market, the Queen Victoria Building and other places.
Honestly, I just kept walking.
I finally figured out how to get back to my hostel from other streets than Bathurst though, so I feel successful.
(Those who know me know I work on autopilot and have trouble understanding logical shortcuts. This applies to foreign travel as well as domestic)

Ok, time to head over to Tom's cousin's house.
So long, super fancy hostel.*
Hello, barefooted showers!

*I just realized I haven't discussed my hostel stay as of yet.
I'm staying at Base which is more like a hotel than a motel than a hostel, since they have housekeepers and real linens and complementary towels and shower gels and shampoos and vending machines and a bar attached.
But they call it a hostel so, so will I.

It's been nice but a little bit overwhelming.
I was originally on the 2nd floor and then they made a mistake and bumped me to the 4th floor which is called "the sanctuary" because it's all female.
It's got nicer sheets, so I'm not complaining.
My sanctified room had 3 Germans, 1 Yorkshire girl and another person who never spoke.

The Yorkshire girl, Emily, was cool and we got to talking about future living situations, so we'll see where that goes.
Otherwise, the hostel's been a nice place to rest my head for 2 nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment