Sunday, November 22, 2009

Cheers from The Land of Oz

Q: Guess who's in Sydney?
A: Me!


We flew in this morning at 8am and the flight took all of 11 hours, which isn't as long as it could've been had we flown direct from the Newer Jersey. We decided to stay out and not sleep for the flight since we had to be at the airport by 6am, which was both a great and terrible idea. Great in the sense that Hawaii is an amazing place to be, and terrible in the sense that 6am is no fun regardless of blood alcohol content level, but I assure you it is less than no fun when your BAC is not 0.

But back to my stay in Hawaii.
I'd be remiss to say that it was just fun.
It was, in fact, nothing but awesome; it may sound cliche but holy shit does that US territory rule.
Tom's friends were so hospitable I couldn't believe it and everyone I met was either cool, an ultimate frisbee* player and/or both.
Needless to say, I did a lot of cheering from the sidelines of games I didn't quite follow.
I'm so good at watching other people play sports.
I also did a lot of hiking and biking and sitting on the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to.
I love Hawaii.

*Ultimate frisbee is a sport where people chase plastic discs across fields and afterwards they drink beers and have parties.
I like to watch the players chase discs but have no real concept of how the game works.

The flight to Sydney was fine, minus the fact that there were twins of maybe 5 years old wearing identical horizontal striped shirts who had no concept of an inside voice. So that could've been better.
But really, no complaints.
We got to Sydney and all is good.

For those interested, it's currently about 41 degrees Celcius which is more or less BALLS HOT in Farenheit...roughly 102 degrees to be exact. Obviously, I love my life but am also, obviously, a little chilly.

Tomorrow starts the work/housing assistance portion of this whole experiment and I'm looking forward to that.
Who knows, maybe they have a lot of old people who need someone to tell them terrible jokes and tell them they look 25 years old?
That is my specialty.

Ok, my ability to type in full sentences is gone.
More later.


Also:
Skype me! Youmissabby.

Miss and love and OJ's glove,

El Alfajore Grande.

No comments:

Post a Comment