Sunday, March 28, 2010

Manyanim?

Writing to you from Florentine in Tel Aviv, where I've been staying for the past two nights.*

*Actually now I'm on Ben Yehuda in Tel Aviv, I changed hostels because Florentine, though cool, is really fucking far away from shit I like.

So far I've seen Les Claypool and Randy Pressman, crashed a roof party and eaten more falafel and baklava than I ever expected to.
I also bought more earrings from my favorite jewelry vendor in the market on Nachalat Binyamin, and went to Shuk Ha'Carmel to eat all that baklava, which was, in hindsight maybe not the best of ideas.
Also I bought new naots and met a nice couple from Buenos Aires who humored me and let me try to communicate with them.
The only negative I have to mention is the weather.
It's been raining for the past two days and that is more or less bullshit.
Otherwise, I'm enjoying myself.

Best nugget of international English to date:
When reporting about some drunk Frenchman who came in late last night and how he couldn't find the right room, one of the Swedes told us:

"I told him where his bed was but he was just going around grabbing other people's privates."

(Privates = private double rooms)

I've been feeling pretty ready to pack it in, just because 4 months is a long time and as I mentioned, I think I've essentially gotten what I wanted out of my travels. I'm also still waiting for a definitive kibbutz placement and have heard more than a few atrocious reviews of the kibbutz program.
So...we'll see how much longer I stay away.

On that note, chag sameach v'l'hitraot.

4 comments:

  1. ok I am clueless (maybe). What be manyanim? Or is it a combo of hebrew and spanish for a plural of tomorrows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manyanim = how you doin' in Hebrew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought how are you doin was "ma nishma"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppa diddy pop, stick to English.

    ReplyDelete