Sunday, April 29, 2012

Happy New Year!

Since time is totally made up, I have decided that a new year is upon us. My friend Caite once blew my mind (she's blown my mind many times, mind you) when she explained that any day could be the first day of the year if you wanted it to be. So, I decided that next Sunday will in fact be the first day of the new year.

This year, which has taken about 10 calendar years, has been weird. That's the only word I feel truly works whenever I try to explain or organize all that's transpired. Crazy amounts of weird. Some of it very good, some of it very bad. In some ways, it feels like these past 10 years have been a condensed lifetime. And at the same time, I feel like I only scratched the surface of what's to come. I like that. I like that I know myself pretty well, but not perfectly. It's like I mastered the omelettes of life's cuisines. Sort of basic, sure, but once you get the process down, you can really dress it up and make it something great. And everyone knows omelettes are the gateway dishes to the rest of the culinary world.

So, I guess the theme of this new year (which will be as long as I feel like, thankyouverymuch) will be learning  to adapt my culinary knowledge to the new ingredients life throws at me. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment