Sunday, March 14, 2010

Volcanic Activity/Everything Smells Like Beer Farts

I'm now in Taupo, which is a beautiful town that sits on Lake Taupo, the largest lake in all of NZ.
Before that, I was in Rotorua which is the most geothermally active place in the world, I think.
What that means is that in addition to being really cool and having these bubbling, boiling mud pools all over, it also smells like eggs and beer farts everywhere because there's so much sulphur in the air.
(Family---it smells like the entire town is engulfed in a cloud of Jane farts.)

Tomorrow I set off for the Tongariro Crossing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongariro_Alpine_Crossing, and I'm pumped.
Then I go back to Auckland for a few days and then back to Sydney for a second until Tel Aviv/the general land of Israel for 3 months.

Excited excited excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment