Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sunburnt Christmas

I'm back in Sydney at Tom's cousins' place and have been since last Thursday.
I've done a lot of nothing and while I feel pretty useless, I didn't realize how much I needed a lot of nothing since the dive.
Illustration: I went for a walk and after 20 minutes, I felt like I climbed Machu Picchu. Again.

That said.

I'm eager to get on the road again.
Having a comfy place to stay is amazing, but not necessarily what I came here for.
So, I'm onto Byron Bay after the new year.
[Of course, actual plans are not actually made yet]
I'm planning to Couchsurf my first two or three nights and then find a hostel to "live" at for a bit.
Though I haven't been there yet, I have a good feeling about Byron and I think I'll probably like to spend a good amount of time there.
And, since my hospital bills suck so much, I think getting a job sounds like a pretty good idea as well, so I'll be looking into that.
For a change of pace, I'll be bus-ing it there instead of flying---it's also about $100 cheaper and though it'll be a lot longer of a trip, I'm looking forward.
I love me some transcontinental road time.

It's amazing how the Real World can find you, even in Australia.

Happy Holidays/Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! An update! Love and miss!
    (and see? downtime was most in order. glad you got it).

    ReplyDelete